Monday, August 13, 2007

Pleasant Surprise

This new woman I met -- gave me a pleasant surprise. She showed up at my front door at 11:30pm unexpectedly. Nothing really happened. We chit-chatted for 10 mins then she had to run (she was working).

Not much has happened between us since then... she seems pretty cool. Holding back. Scared maybe. Hell, maybe I'm just an over eager douche bag and she has a heart of gold and can't help herself but be nice to me.

So this is what I've decided to do: nothing. The ball is in her court. She calls: fine. She doesn't (which I expect): fine.

I'm getting on and moving forward. Perhaps I was blindsided about the way I was ever going to feel about her (or anybody ever again). Perhaps I just wasn't prepared for how much I found myself liking her. At any rate... it's time to reel it in. God! How I do not want to be one of those guys. Those guys that don't get the hint. That embarrass themselves. No way. Not me. I'll take the high road and the proud route. That isn't to say -- that I don't like her and that I don't want her to call. I DO! In fact, I want to actually explore the possibility of having a relationship with this woman.

Will it happen ... ? Stay tuned.

No comments: